jueves, 5 de diciembre de 2019

Pixton

I have chosen option b, Pixton as my students are on secondary education.
I will explain how I developed the project:
First, students are organized into pairs. Except in a few cases, where I recommended a change in pairs because the level of knowledge of the language were quite low , I allowed students to form their own pairs.
I explained on the digital board how the web Pixton works and what I intended them to create. The main objective of the task was talking about plans in the future and about journeys as these both were the contents we had just studied. Apart from these commands I allowed them to use their imagination as much as they desired so they could make up the type of journey they facied (to the space, to the future, to their most enchanted place on Earth...) and so they did, cause they have designed the most extravagant kind of journeys.
I must say the group I chose to do this task is a group where most students have a medium-low knowledge of English and are quite demotivated in general terms, that is the reason I chose them to do this task as I knew they would enjoy it as it was.
We devoted two sessions to plan, develop and finish the task and I may say what they enjoyed the most was choosing the setting and the characters to create their stories and what they liked the least was thinking about what to write in the bubbles.
I may conclude saying that it was a great tool for students to put into practise the use of the future  as they could practise the different uses of this tense.
Unfortunately, we didn´t have time enough for them to see their mates´creations. My idea is to project them on the digital board next time and so they will be able to correct each others´ mistakes and decide which is the best one:

Some samples of the comics:

https://pixton.com/es/:2w72vatt
https://www.pixton.com/es/from/comic/mavu2xls

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Final task: Genially

As a result of my visit to Pablo Ocaña´s blog , I decided to borrow his idea of designing my final on crosscurricular aspects. He focused on...