miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2019

Here we have a video I would like my students would watch at home . The protagonist of this video is a young Ducth man ,who being  just a teenager, decided to do something effective to take care of our oceans. It was during his holidays in Greece when he realised there were more plastics than fish in the sea.
 I have chosen this video as we very usually deal with Ecology in our lessons and also because students  may easily feel close to the protagonist as he was just 16 when started working on his project. I consider this boy extremely inspiring. 
Before watching the video ,  I would ask my students to research on the protagosnist. In this way they will learn how Slat started helping the oceans at a very young age (similar to that of our students) and how he started with only a few euros in his saving box. After researching , they will write a summary on the information they have found using their own words. 
While watching the video at home, students will have to answer some listening comprehension questions. Some of them are multiple choice and some open questions.
Finally, after the end of the video , I will ask them to record themselves on a video or a podcast explaining one more idea to help  cleaning up oceans  and to include an slogan to support Slat´s project. 
All the task will be done at home and we will see the results in the classroom. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Final task: Genially

As a result of my visit to Pablo Ocaña´s blog , I decided to borrow his idea of designing my final on crosscurricular aspects. He focused on...